5.08.2011

Mommy Dearest

Have I ever mentioned that I pretty much have the greatest mom ever?  Well I do.  I know you're all going to disagree and say you have the greatest mom, but you're not going to change my mind.  I was going to make her a beautiful card  and send it to her (ok, it probably wouldn't be all that beautiful. It's not my fault though. By the time I was born, all the crafty genes had been passed on to my sisters), but I don't have any envelopes for home-made cards.  I know, that's a terrible excuse.  Hopefully I'll get to see her real soon and try to make up for it.  Until then, I'll just dedicate an entire post to my lovely mother.

There are some things about me that are a lot like my mom.  We have the same chocolate brown eyes and we both hate it when cupboards are left open.  We both love reading and playing silly little computer games.  We're both criers - stupid little things like songs and movies make us cry ( Lately I've been trying to blame this one on the hormones from my birth control, but who am I kidding?).

I hope I can become more like my mom.  
  • She is a great teacher.  She just got done teaching pretty much every couple in the ward the Family Relationships class.  Everyone who took it loved it, and some people even asked if they could take it again.
  • She's super clean.  Out of all of my friends growing up, my house was always the cleanest.  That was definitely because of Mom (Not because of me... I was a pretty messy kid.)
  • She's really honest.  I don't think I've ever heard her lie.
  • She always speaks her mind.
  • She's generous.
  • She's forgiving.
  • She's helpful.
  • She loves her family.
  • She's funny.
  • She's beautiful.
  • She's tough.  She's had like a kajillion surgeries.  I'm pretty sure I would not be able to handle even one.
  • She has a lot of faith and is really spiritual.
  • She's fun to be around.
  • She's patient.
  • She always does the right thing.
  • She's a good listener.
  • She's a great mother, grandmother, wife, friend... Ok, she's just a great person in general!
I know I'm forgetting a few things, but if I listed all of her great qualities we'd be here all day.
Here are some Mom and Ash memories for everyone to enjoy.
    Hawaii Airport. Summer '08.  Do you like our tans?  They're spray ons.  We're anti - skin cancer in our family.  Which is probably why we're always super white.

    This is from when I got my bridal pictures taken the week I got married.  I remember Mom saying that she didn't want to be in a picture because she "looked horrible."  False, Mom.  You are beautiful! 

    And now for some funny pictures:

    Pali Point in Hawaii.  It was reeeally windy up there.  In case you couldn't tell.

     I mostly just like this one because my mom has my flip flops stuck in the back of her pants.  She's crafty like that.

    Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you and I miss you and I hope to grow up to be like you.
    Love, 
    Little Ash

    3 comments:

    Allen and Terri said...

    AAAAAHHHHH Ashley, Thank you so much (you know you made me cry )that was the best gift ever from my little Ash! I just wish I could give you a GREAT BIG HUG!It's an honor to be your mother, I'm just happy you chose me, Love Mom:)

    Kourtney Dawn said...

    Ash, I love you soo much!!! I hope when I grow up I can be just like you and mom!!! Happy Mother's Day!!! I Love You!!!

    Jordan said...

    I love your mom! She is very funny! Cute post!