6.02.2011

I'm Over It...

This whole stupid 30 day thing. So I'm wrapping it all up in this one post.  Please try to contain your excitement.
Day 20: A hobby of yours.
Riding my bike.  I really wish I could ride it more here, but honestly, it's too much effort.  I know that sounds lame and lazy, but just hear me out.  I live on the second floor, so does my bike.  There is not a bike rack nearby, so in order to ride my bike, I would have to haul it down the stairs, ride it, and then haul it back up the stairs after my butt is already kicked from riding my bike.  Not my idea of fun.
Day 21: Something you know you do differently than most people
Um... I really have no idea.
Day 22: A website
buttersafe.com Be warned:  This website is a trap.  You might spend hours just looking at the comics that are somehow funny, witty and dumb all at the same time.  Unless you're not as easily entertained as I am, then you just might think it's stupid and a waste of time.  I understand if that is the case.
Day 23: A way in which you want to be remembered
A good mom and wife.  There are obviously other things I'd like to accomplish, but for as long as I can remember, the two roles that I've always been sure I really really without a doubt wanted were wife and mother.  
Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love
Yes, I love A Night at the Roxbury.  Deal with it.
Day 25: A recipe
This is one of our favorites lately.  Made it for dinner just last night.  I substitute El Pato for Ro-Tel though, because I hate tomatoes.  Then I put in a small can of diced chilies because we like it hot. 
Day 26: A childhood memory
I got lost in Disneyland.  We went to California for Brad's graduation from boot camp and decided to go to Disneyland to celebrate.  Dad went to Thunder Mountain Railroad (or maybe it was Space Mountain...?) with some of the kids and I stayed with Mom (and maybe Kourtney... I don't exactly remember) and we went to a souvenir shop.  As I was looking around, Mom headed to another part of the store.  I swear I looked all over that little shop before I decided she had deserted me.  So I went outside and found a Disneyland worker and asked  him to take me to where Dad was.  We started walking and talking and I told him about how I didn't know where my mom went after she left the souvenir store.  So instead of taking me to my dad, he took me back to the shop and there was my mom.  Turns out she didn't desert me.  I just didn't look as thoroughly as I thought I did.  
Day 27: A physical feature you love
Love me some straight teeth.  And the husband's green eyes.
Day 28: A scar you have and its story
I tried to take a picture of the scar on my arm, but the scar was definitely not visible in the picture.  Guess it's not ready for its internet debut.  The story of the scar isn't very exciting or anything, but it's the biggest scar I have.  (All the other ones are either a:  really teeny with mysterious origins, or b:  small and on my knees from learning how to slide in jr. high softball.)  I got the scar on my arm from a curling iron when I was really little.  My mom was curling her hair and I was just too curious for my own good.  I pulled on the cord and got a curling iron to the arm.  I don't remember anything about it, but that's probably a good thing since burns are not very pleasant.
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
  • Buy a house.  We've put an offer on one, and now we're just waiting for some crap to be sorted out with the bank and an old offer to see if our offer will be accepted and we will be home owners.
  • Run a 5k.  Maybe.  I'm not a big fan of running, so this one's still up in the air.
  • Get accepted to the dental hygiene program.  Is it sorta feeling like this is all I talk about?  Sorry if it is.
  • Buy a boyfriend for Zoey so they can have puppies and we can sell them.
  • Get pregnant.  This is another maybe.  I'm super baby hungry, but everything depends on how things go with school.  It basically rules my life.
  • Ride my bike more.  Oh boy, do I miss it.
FINALLY! DAY 30: A motto or philosophy
I would just like to start off by saying I almost put #) instead of 30. That's what holding shift instead of just pressing caps lock does to a person.
I have two. First: You need a reason to be sad, you don't need a reason to be happy.
I try to remember this when I'm having a bad day. Do I really have a reason that I'm in a crappy mood? Or am I just being crabby because I'm feeling sorry for myself? If I don't have a good reason, I try to be happier. If I have a good reason, well, I'll be honest, sometimes I just let myself be grumpy and mean. Everyone's entitled to that every once in a while.
Second: It is never to early, late, or cold for ice cream.
And that my friends, is just a fact.


Glad it's over? Me too.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Allen and Terri said...

No I don't want it to be over... I love your post of 30 factoids! In fact I think with your writing talent you could at least amuse us with maybe 10 more???? I love you little Ash oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Your Mama :)

How come the computer doesn't recognize hugs and kisses?
I know you do!