7.13.2011

Leaving it behind

Sometimes I catch myself thinking of all the things I'm going to miss about where we live.  The list is as follows:

  • Close to pretty much everything (the mall, Taco Bell, Target, the path in the river, etc.)
  • The huge mirror in the bathroom that doubles as 3 medicine cabinets.
  • Cleaning doesn't take very long.
  • Carlos aka Zoey's favorite person besides Sam.  It's true, she loves Carlos more than she loves me.
And that's about it.
More often than sometimes, I catch myself thinking of all the things I won't miss about where we live:
  • Laundry closet (it will be nice to have a whole room just for laundry)
  • Close to a road, which equals people who are competing for loudest car or motorcycle in AZ driving by at all hours.
  • Dog poo.  Everywhere.  Sometimes Zoey tries to eat it because she is yucky.
  • Garbage.  Everywhere.  Sometimes Zoey tries to eat it because she is yucky.
  • The pool that is usually murky and closed.
  • Walking by sunbathers at the murky pool.  Awkward.
  • Not being able to ride my bike as often as I would like.
  • Every single person I walk by wanting to play with Zoey when it is obviously time for going potty, and not playing.  They just don't seem to understand.
  • Humongous roaches that come with the humidity after a rain.  One got inside somehow and was crawling around the ceiling in our room like it owned the place about a week ago.  I feared for my life.
  • Having to take the pup all the way to the grass to go potty.  I can't wait for a doggy door - it's at the top of our list of things to buy for the new house (equally ranked with a fridge, oven, washing machine and dryer).
  • Zero space for anything.
  • About 3 feet of counter space in the kitchen.  Not even an exaggeration.
  • Living on top of another person's home.
  • White walls everywhere. So boring.
  • Vertical blinds.
  • Only having one window and the sliding glass door to the balcony to let sunlight in.
  • The fact that the only way to the only bathroom is through our room.  Not visitor friendly.
  • Assigned parking.
  • Limited parking if husband is in the assigned space.
  • Tiny parking spaces.  The passenger side of my little car has some scratches from living here that I am not happy about at all.
  • Sharing a wall with neighbors.
I guess you could say I'm excited to move.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Lol sounds like me...except I'm not sure I have much of a list of things I'll miss. When do you guys move?

Jordan said...

aw, im excited for you. Blake and I kept all of our wedding gifts in our spare room in our apartment, and when we moved, we finally used them all! It was like Christmas when we moved in, everything was new to us! You guys will be so happy in your house!

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you to move! Yay!