2.19.2011

Day tres

Ok I've got to be honest, i'm feeling kinda like this whole "30 day challenge" thing is a huge bandwagon.  But in my defense, I started doing this blogging 30 days thing before the facebook 30 days fad started.  So i'm not backing down.  Day 3 is a favorite book. Again with the favorite nonsense!  this one is pretty much a no-brainer for me though.
I LOVE the Harry Potter books.  I just can't think of any other books that I've enjoyed as much as these.  I admit, I was a huge twilight fan, but the movies totally ruined the books for me. It's kinda like ever since seeing the first two movies (still haven't seen eclipse) I feel embarrassed to admit that I've read/enjoyed the books.  Speaking of Harry Potter and Twilight, here is a blog post concerning the two subjects that I think you'll enjoy.
Other books worthy of mentioning: 
  • The Host
  • The Hunger Games (mostly just the first book though, I was kinda disappointed with the last two)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia
  • Children of the Promise
  • Hearts of the Children
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Green Eggs & Ham
Ok I'm drawing a blank.  I've read A LOT of books, most of them good, but none are coming to mind right now, hence the reason I added Green Eggs & Ham to my list... even though it does hold a special place in my heart.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that you added Green Eggs and Ham to the list! Your first fav!
The next books you need to read are the Fablehaven series, I was surprised how good they are and how much I loved them!

Also...we are SOOO much alike its crazy! I totally agree w/ you about Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games. I could really just copy this blog and put my name on it! lol And I have an Anita Stansfield series you have to borrow too, The Barrington Family Saga. Super GOOD!

Luv ya!

Jessica said...

I also just realized something...you totally married Sam, from Green Eggs & Ham, That Sam I Am! lol Emmaree calls him "Am") It was fate!

Blake and Jordan said...

Yay! We share samesies too! Harry Potters are the best! Actually all of my favorite books are childrens series:) I like your 30 day challenge! Keep em comin!

Kourtney Dawn said...

Feel free to post this on my blog... I guess its cuz we are sisters!! Which means, you need to live closer to me and Gessa so we can do more stuff together!!!! Could you, would you in a car? Did you know Dr. Swiss wrote that book on a bet? I love Theo Giesel...

Kourtney Dawn said...

Look, my phone changed Seuss to Swiss!! (It just tried to do it again! Ugh! ) I forgot.to.mention I have you to thanks for introducing me to Harry Potter, The Host and Twilight! You have made my life more complete!!! Haha, ok....